Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

High School Volleyball is Over :(

I am sad to say that high school volleyball has come to a close. It was definitely one of the best seasons of my life. I had the most amazing time an d i met so many new and amazing people over the season. I also had the chance to get to know some of the girls that I have known for a long time so much better.

My favorite memory is the bus rides. We had some deep conversations on those hour plus bus rides. My favorite time was when we went all the way out to Union high school and we had to stop in Duchesne for lunch. Some of the other girls and I thought it would be a good idea to walk 3/4 miles to try and make it to the Subway at the beginning of the town. We were told to be back on the bus by 2:10 and we had left at 1:45. We ended up running the 1 1/2 miles there and back only to be stopped by our coach who told us that we weren't leaving until 2:30.

We had the most amazing bus rides and it was some of the best bonding times we had as teammates.
Grace fell asleep an Kinley decided to
snuggle up
I learned so much from this season and I have gotten some of the best advice from the older girls. The best advice I got was after one of the bus rides there were a few of the seniors and maybe three of us freshmen. We were sitting on the benches outside of the high school while we were waiting for our parents. I can't remember exactly how the topic got brought up but Carleigh, one of the seniors, said, "Don't waste your high school years on people who don't aren't worth your effort. I spent too long on boys and friends and it wasn't worth it." That really opened my eyes on some of my friends that I was wasting my time trying to impress and I am so happy that have cut them out of my life.

I also loved having team dinners. They were after practice and the entire program would go out into the cafeteria and eat food that some of the parents had brought in. We would all go and get plates with mountains of food piled on. We had so much fun playing the cup game and just talking.

I am so happy that I got to play volleyball with the people I did this year and I can't wait until next year when I'm not a freshman. I can't wait until the next season but until then I'll be playing club so stay tuned for stories from that.









No comments:

Post a Comment